Tuesday, February 8, 2011

What is your favorite Valentine's gift?

I have to say that my favorite Valentine's gift is jewelry.  Not that I get jewelry for Valentine's but I sure like the idea of it!  :)  Most often I get some beautiful flowers and a box of chocolates.  Without sounding ungrateful, I hate it when I get TRUFFLES!  I am a simple, original kind of girl...I want the nuts, coconut, caramel kind.  You know, the kind you have to poke the bottom of each one or take a bite out of to be sure what kind they are.  Note:  This is the way to make sure no one eats any of them either!

6 comments:

  1. I would be very grateful if I received TRUFFLES!!!
    Truffles are the best, they melt in your mouth. They are the best, I love them. Truffles are what I wish and hope for on Valentines Day. I can't chew nuts, I can't chew caramel I can't chew coconuts. Oh,well roses are nice!Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops, forgot to close my quotation. It would have driven me crazy to leave it that way. Here's my fixed post! :)

    Hmmm, jewelry, chocolates, truffles, or roses. All sound wonderful, but I definitely take on the perspective of a mother with young children. The Hallmark card I found for my husband says it well. "I don't need a dozen roses to know you love me, I need an extra hour of sleep. C'mon prove your love. Please!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like all that stuff, but I especially love it when my children or grandchildren make me a special homemade card. It reminds me of when I was younger sitting at the dining room table making valentine's with my mom, brothers and sisters to give out of construction paper and corny little sayings, like "Bee mine" with a picture of a bumble bee. Ruth Hicks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Vacation Week! Love that Snow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love meaningful, mushy cards from husband, children, grandkids or anyone. I get a little sentimental.

    ReplyDelete